Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word aptly spoken. Proverbs 25:11

Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Ring #3

This is the ring I wore to church today.  It is one of my favorites (do I say this about all of them?) because it goes with so many outfits!  I tend to over-accessorize (gasp! Shock, I know!), so when I have on a big necklace, dangly earrings and a shiny bracelet, this ring works well because it tends to be more subtle than others.


It is an antique button and it made of transparent glass.  The top is smooth, but the underside has little round bumps that make the pretty pattern show through the top when the light hits it just right.  Today is one of our first rainy, grey days of the fall, so there is not much sunshine out today to cast light through my ring, but trust me, it is pretty!
I purchased this button in an antique shop in Sister, Oregon.  It was my only souvenir and cost me a whopping $.15.  Yes, fifteen cents.
So, the next time you take a trip somewhere, try picking up a dainty button at a local antique shop; I can fasten it into a ring for you and you will be able to remember your special vacation every time you wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment